Friday, August 28, 2009

Confession

I recently tried my hand at a romantic poem. This is the end product.
The poem is about how one feels before confessing to his love how he feels about her. All the doubts in his mind and ultimately the decision to confess. Hope you all enjoy reading this.

Confession

Want to tell you how I feel, but to myself i ask my dear.
How will you react? is that what you really want to hear?

So much i want to say, it is hard to have restraint.
But I wonder why should I, is your heart that faint?

What is there in my heart, even if you already know.
Let me say it still, of my feelings don’t stem the flow.

The candle that just got lit, in just a moment shouldn’t melt.
The flower which bloomed after aeons, must never swelt.

Whenever you are with me, you make my mind numb.
Make me say something stupid, please don’t think i am dumb.

Life it too short they say, and it might get over tomorrow,
If I don’t say what i want to, there will be no end to my sorrow.

I have no choice but to say it, you ignored my every clue.
My words may not be perfect, but I swear that they’re true.

I am no expert in romance, but I do know that we,
Are the closest thing to love as I imagine it to be.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow.... such perfect words.... loved your composition.... i so much wish someone would write for me... by the way... who is the lucky gal..?? ;)

Manan said...

Thanks a lot for the lavish praise :)
If you did not know who the girl is you would not be able to see this post would you?? :D

Akhil said...

Ajee Suntee ho, lagta hai ise pyaar ho gaya hai. Kitni achchi shaayri karne laga hai.

Akhil said...

haanji,munda vada ho gaya haiga.
mujhe vo gana yaad aa gaya-
main shayar to nahin......
mujhko shayari a gayi.
manan The Girl must be feeling flattered,
any way, let the words flow
and enrich yourself and your surroundings
----archana

Tania Kaushal said...

Worth a read :).. might not be perfect but what is good about it is, it seems honest ... :) Congratulations
P.S : You can take me as an anonymous reader...

Chitra Chandrashekhar said...

guess it struck that somebody's chords perfectly....!!!cheers to the poet and his muse...!! :)

Shilpa Sharma said...

yahan to mini SPA already hai....! :-P .... newez, uve been quoted .... :-) ... check out my fb status .... taken the liberty n permission too..!

Somya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Somya said...

Can never explain how honored I feel,
brings a smile each time I read.
:)